Top 10 Tracks [January 2022]

Top Songs of January, 2022

THE NEW YEAR IS UPON US! Even though it hasn’t started off too well (RIP Betty White), some of these tunes are sure to cheer you up. This time around it is mostly pop-punk that I’ve only recently discovered, however, there is also a song from System of a Down’s first album from 1998 and two new songs released in 2022! The biggest news really is Avril Lavigne's upcoming LP, Love Sux, due on February 25th. It features blackbear (obviously), Machine Gun Kelly, Travis Barker (when isn’t he featured in a modern pop-punk record) and Mark Hoppus, also of blink-182. Besides the album from long-term teen pop-punk veteran, Falling In Reverse are back and speaking out against cancel culture.

Hopefully 2022 is getting on to a great start for the rest of you! I’ve started my new job, started earning money with Uber Eats, and am fixing up my life one step at a time.




ZOMBIFIED - Falling In Reverse

Cancel culture is pop culture at its worst. I love how the band are bringing light as to how this behaviour is not good for anyone as well as exploring some genre mixing. I can’t quite tell if the track is more metalcore or more nu metal, but it has some great backing music. Can’t wait to see more of this new Falling In Reverse in 2022.



War? - System of a Down

System of a Down are known for their political music and their influence in the nu metal scene, which is why I am shocked that I hadn’t heard their first album yet. I can definitely hear the progression in their own sound between their debut self-titled album and even their Toxicity album.


Daughters - The Story So Far

I haven’t been the biggest fan of The Story So Far, primarily because a lot of their songs sound pretty similar and give off the same defeated mood to me, however, Daughters give off a more whimsical feeling that is much more enjoyable.



Battle Ready - OTEP

I featured a song from OTEP from the same album in a previous post, but I love this song even more than that one. There’s not much to say about this nu-metal track.


Boys - Hippo Campus

The originally Mormon, now LGBTQ-influenced indie pop band, Hippo Campus have definitely passed the vibe check. Even though the song has a different meaning than I picked up on, it really gives a sense of Summer vibes with your crush with nothing else attached.


WORMS (In My Brain) - NOAHFINNCE

I’m not a huge NOAHFINNCE fan, but the song definitely gives a YUNGBLUD vibe. I wasn’t able to scan the Spotify Code embedded in the cover, but the QR code scanned to create an event in my calendar for January 13th, 2022, which was the day this track was released.


Gasoline - Knuckle Puck

Released on my 19th birthday (Jan., 12th), Knuckle Puck return with the single Gasoline for their upcoming ‘Disposable Life’ EP (or album?). I love the old pop-punk vibe this gives off.


Come & Go - Juice WRLD ft. Marshmello

I may not be a fan of Juice WRLD, I can at least appreciate the alternative influences in his emo rap tracks. I do like Marshmello’s additions to the song too, however, it’s definitely not my favourite (still has to be Spotlight). It lacks a lot of substance to the song, but it’s a good song to vibe to.



CRACK MY SKULL - Jxdn

Jxdn released the deluxe version of his debut album, ‘Tell Me About Tomorrow’, on December 10th, 2021. It was between this track and LIPS for my favourite of the new deluxe tracks, but they aren’t anything special.



Love It When You Hate Me - Avril Lavigne ft. blackbear

The teen pop-punk queen is back at it, releasing her next LP, Love Sux, next month, February 25th!


—----------------------------------

Sorry this edition is pretty late, but better late than never, right? I’m hoping to round up the top tracks of 2021 by the next month’s top 10 tracks, but we’ll see when that is ready. Have a great rest of the week and month!

YouTube Music - https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYS8bpeqjWlIWPi58uk5Tvl0Ea0PoVRsn&feature=share



Comments

Popular Posts